KEEPING YOUR FAMILY SAFE
While we take exploring seriously, we take the safety, health and security of our guests and employees even more seriously. Social distancing for residents and guests, masking, and other precautions to reduce risk have been implemented in accordance with Costa Rican health orders, in keeping with best practices and guidelines issued by the World Health Organization and World Travel & Tourism Council. We have implemented a COVID-19 Plan that includes the initiatives listed below, developed to ensure that all explorers are and feel safe.
• Groups are limited to individuals in the same family or social circle of no more than 5 people who can interact with one another without physical distancing.
• Protocols have been implemented to minimize physical contact with our guides and staff members using a risk-based approach. Please try and stay at least 2 metres (3 steps) away from anyone you do not live with (or anyone not in your support bubble)
• We have implemented a special cleaning and disinfection plan for the Nature Center and all equipment
• We have implemented health screenings for all staff and guests
• We have undertaken a risk assessment of each adventure activity to determine the measures required, such as physical distancing, and the wearing of face-coverings
• We have staggered activity times for different groups, and mapped out alternate routes to avoid higher traffic areas and facilitate easier physical distancing
• We have made personal protection equipment available to staff, such as masks and sanitizer as required by local health regulations
• We have integrated technologies to enable contactless touchpoints and payment where possible
• We have confirmed with all of our suppliers and partners that they follow likeminded health and hygiene protocols and guidelines to protect guests as required by local legislation
• We have implemented a COVID-19 emergency plan in collaboration with suppliers and partners should new cases emerge during a trip or after an activity, in line with national protocols